Full Job Description
We are looking to hire a detail-oriented HVAC service technician to maintain and repair our customers' air quality systems. The HVAC service technician will assist with repairing and calibrating systems, and replacing various components such as transformers, thermostats and compressors. You will diagnose problems, explain these to customers in clear, non-technical terms, relay costs to customers, and offer alternative solutions. You will order and collect parts once customer gives approval, and communicate with supervisor regarding challenges.
To ensure success your customer skills should be as good as your technical aptitude, and you need to be well-versed in safety precautions. Top candidates are detail-oriented, organized and friendly.
HVAC Service Technician Responsibilities:
- Cleaning, adjusting and repairing HVAC systems, and performing warranty services.
- Troubleshooting defective HVAC systems and equipment to make diagnoses.
- Performing preventative maintenance by cleaning reheat coils and air handling units, and monitoring and calibrating air handling units.
- Improving air quality by cleaning ducts to optimize efficiency.
- Fixing, replacing and adjusting vents, and ductwork.
- Ensuring condensation drain line is free of debris and draining properly.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Keeping daily logs and records of maintenance functions.
- Maintaining service truck.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Health and Safety Act.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- HVAC Service: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: On the road